Aliso CrossFit Paleo Challenge
Okay Aliso CrossFit, summer is fast approaching and everyone wants to get those summer abs and lean out in time to break out the bathing suits and hit the beach! It's time for the third official Aliso CrossFit Paleo Challenge! Whether you're looking to lose a couple inches around your mid-section, or you want to shave an extra 30 seconds off your Fran time the Paleo Challenge will help you get there. As your coaches, we've seen how much you thrive when competing with other athletes in the gym, so let's bring that competition to your diets in CrossFit fashion by using our good-old point system. We have created this challenge to give you a quantifiable program that you can follow and strive to win, just like you do in the WODs.
1. The Aliso CrossFit Paleo Challenge will be fun, simple, and effective.
2. We will utilize BeyondTheWhiteBoard (BTWB) for logging WODs, Meals, Sleep, Water, and Fish Oil.
3. You will be allowed one cheat per week. You get one 4-hour block of time per week that you can eat whatever you want and it does not count against you. These 4-hours cannot be broken up.
4. Rick and Chelsea will take before and after pictures of all participants. Guys should be shirtless and females should wear a sports bra, bathing suit top, or something equivalent and appropriate. The intent is to be able to assess your physical appearance and body fat.
5. There are three categories that will make up your overall score for the challenge:
A. Body Fat % = 50%. We will measure your body fat at the beginning and end of the challenge.
B. Physical Performance = 40%. We will use a benchmark WOD that you will do at the beginning and end of the challenge.
C. Score Cards and BTWB = 10%. Logging your Nutrition, Sleep, Fish Oil, Water, and WODs utilizing BTWB and the point system.
6. Body fat will be measured utilizing a Mobile Dunk Truck on Monday, May 13th from 4:00p.m. to 8:00p.m. In order to be eligible for prizes, you must get your body fat measured before and after utilizing the dunk truck. Final Body Fat will be measured on Thursday, June 13th.
7. Reserve your time slot by selecting a time and putting your name on the sign up sheet in the office at the box. Time slots are available on a first-come first-serve basis, so don't wait until the last minute to sign up.
8. The length of the challenge is 31 Days: Monday, May 13th to Thursday June 13th.
9. The goal of the Paleo Challenge is to educate all members on the benefits of proper nutrition and demonstrate the results you achieve by making healthier choices. Competition is not mandatory for participation in the Paleo Challenge. Prizes are offered for those who wish to compete. Whether or not you compete, it is highly recommended that you log all of your information to Beyond The Whiteboard and turn in your scorecards every week. This will give you measurable data that you can discuss with the coaches.
10. We will have a Town Hall meeting on Saturday, May 11th at 10:15am for all participants. The purpose of the meeting is to introduce Paleo Nutrition and explain the benefits of it. Additionally, we will review the rules of the challenge and answer all of your questions. This meeting is mandatory for all participants and open to friends, family, and anyone else you wish to bring.
Interested? Here are the next steps:
1. Sign up for your body fat measurement time slot next time you're at the box.
2. Get your body fat measured on Monday, May 13th between 4:00p.m.-8:00p.m.
3. Come to the meeting on Saturday, May 11th at 10:15a.m.
4. Start logging your progress on Monday, May 13th.
The top Male and Female Competitors will each win an ACF T-Shirt and a Free Month Membership at ACF!
All Participants: You win a healthier body with a tighter physique and increased physical performance.
What's The Cost?
The cost of the dunk truck is $90 for two dunks. If you would like to add the 10-Day Cleanse & Detox, the cost of the 2 Dunks + Cleanse Package is $128.75. If you cannot make any of the available time slots on May 6th, you can schedule a time to go to the Fitness Wave facility in Irvine. The cost of both dunks is $120 if you do it at their facility. We are ordering the Cleanses on May 6th, so if you want to purchase the 10-Day Cleanse, you must sign up and pay before May 6th. If you don't sign up before May 6th, you can purchase your cleanse online at www.alisoviejonutrition.com.
Score Cards and BTWB:
You must log each item below on BTWB in order to earn points.
1. Each Paleo meal is worth 1 point. Up to 3 points per day.
2. Each day you log a WOD is worth 5 points. Up to 4 WODs per week. WODs must be completed at Aliso CrossFit in order to earn points.
3. Each day you take 1 or more grams of Fish Oil (EPA + DHA) is worth 1 point.
4. Each day you get 8 or more hours of sleep is worth 1 point.
5. Each day you drink .5 oz. of water per pound of body weight or more is worth 1 point.
6. Each Non-Paleo meal, snack, food, drink, or condiment subtract 1 point.
*If you are out of town you may drop in to a CrossFit box and do a WOD to earn your points. WODs must be completed at a CrossFit affiliate. Have the coach email Rick to confirm that you completed the WOD at their box.
Here is the weekly tracker. Print it, fill it out, and turn it in at the gym on Monday or Tuesday each week. Remember to put your name on it. Each day it's late after Tuesday equals -10 points. If, and only if, you are out of town, you can email it to Rick or Chelsea.
Click to set custom HTML